From lengua-latina in 2003 to Lengua-Global in 2018
In 2003 was Lengua-Global established by me, Catija Sara Larsen in a house in Nørre Åby in West Funen. At first, we offered Spanish and Portuguese language courses and short translations for businesses. But it soon became clear that there was also a demand for courses in other Romance languages, such as French an Italian, and it wasn’t long before lengua-latina moved into a new office in Videnparken in Fredericia, where we’re still based today.
- In 2007 some of our customers started requesting courses in German, English and Danish. Many also expressed interest in learning about the culture and customs of the countries as part of the language lessons. As we began offering more language courses, it became necessary to widen our network of skilled and flexible teachers, not only in Funen and Jutland but also in Zealand.
- In 2015 we expanded our range of languages even further to include Russian, Arabic and Mandarin, and today we offer courses in 12 different languages. The new languages were added in response to enquiries about courses.
- In 2016 and 2017, many of our customers requested and suggested other services we could offer to Danish businesses.
- We’ve listened to our customers and tailored new services such as course packages for people with job postings abroad and guidance on cultures and customs, which we now can offer to customers who need them.
- Around 80% of our courses are taught at the participants’ workplaces, and all courses are tailor-made in cooperation with the participants. Our current customers include a long list of companies, job centres and municipal councils.
- Today’s Danish workplaces employ many foreign employees, and communication can therefore be a major challenge for the entire organisation. For this reason we now offer to drive out to the companies and help them improve their internal communication.
Because of Lengua-Globals’s continued development and expansion of its language courses, we found it made sense to change our name lengua-latina to Lengua-Global.
In connection with the name change, we’ve also designed a new, more user-friendly website and a new logo. The logo shows that we still have the same values we’ve always had, but also that we now offer more services to our customers.
We would like to thank our customers, colleagues and partners for alle the help and support you’ve given us throughout our first (almost) 15 years as a company. Without you, this name change and what it represents would not have been possible. We hope you like our new company name, logo and website!